*All links set to open a new browser tab when clicked.
Shaw Howard/ U Street, NW
- Ivy & Coney - Great, little bar with simple drinks and food, sports, music and good conversation. We try to leave pretension at the door and have a shot and a beer in its place.
- Calabash Tea and & Tonic - Washington City Paper's Best of DC, Best Tea Shop
- Big Bear Cafe - New American restaurant with a casual interior & patio serving breakfast, lunch & candlelit dinners.
- Thai X-ing - $45 byob tasting menu
- Boundary Stone - Neighborhood pub serving bar food & whiskey in a vintage setting with exposed brick & tin ceilings.
- Doi Moi - Hip, sleek kitchen furnishing house cocktails & Southeast Asian street fare, including a vegan menu.
- The Royal for late-night happy hour (alcoholic snowcones done right!)
- Truxton Inn - great cocktails & cool vibe
- Showtime Lounge - Small, low-key bar with murals of local musicians & record logos plus a free jukebox. Great on Sundays
Columbia Heights, NW
- Sankofa - Video, Books, Cafe
- Nu Vegan Cafe - Relaxed spot with a menu of meat-free salads, sandwiches & entrees, plus fresh juices & smoothies.
- Colony Club - Chill cafe/bar with ping pong table upstairs
- Wonderland Ballroom - Variety of beers & DJs spinning keep things lively in the rustic 2-level bar with an outdoor patio.
- Rock & Roll Hotel - Ex-funeral parlor turned lounge with vintage decor, bands & DJs, dance floor & rooftop bar.
- H St. Farms - A roof top farm and garden center, an oasis of lush greenery above Jenks hardware store in NE.
- Jimmy Valentine's Lonely Hearts Club - Narrow, red-hued hangout with kitschy accents featuring numerous bottled, craft beers & weekend DJs.
- White House Farmers Market Lunchtime market featuring an irresistible array of freshly prepared meals and snacks made from local ingredients
- Post Pub - Longtime neighborhood hangout with cocktails, beer & wine, plus wood paneling, booths & a jukebox.
Fort Lincoln, NE
- Harper Macaw Chocolate Factory & store to shop all of their available products and to get an in-depth look at their fine chocolate manufacturing process. Also serving drinking chocolate and baked goods on Saturdays, 12-6 PM.
Van Ness, NW
- Sushi Para - All you can eat sushi for $20
- Hillwood Garden and Estate - Opulent estate with 18th-century Russian Imperial & French decorative art, 13-acre gardens & cafe.
Dupont- Circle, NW
- 18th Street Lounge - Converted townhouse serves up cocktails amid antique sofas & candlelight or on the outdoor patio. Hint: Wednesday nights are what they are known for!
- Board Room - Bar & board games
- The Mansion on O Street - Uniquely themed accommodations in a mansion that also features event space & an eclectic museum.
- Players Club - Bar & arcade games
- Surfside - Tacos, margaritas & more are served cafeteria-style at this casual "shack" open round the clock.
- Emissary - Cozy coffeehouse with exposed brick, serving java, vegetarian eats, charcuterie & cocktails.
- Pansaari - A huge Indian restaurant/bar and community hub in the BASEMENT OF RITE AID on 17th st.
- Dumbarton Oaks - Mansion + Japanese Garden
- Millennium Stage at Lincoln Center - free performances every day at 6pm
- George's King of Falafel and Cheesesteak- Sandwiches, shawarma, Mediterranean platters & Middle Eastern cuisine at an informal eatery.
The Wharf/Waterfront, SW
- The Market at Eastern Market - DC’s destination for fresh food, community events, and on weekends, local farm-fresh produce and handmade arts and crafts.
- Capitol Stones - Hidden history spot in Rock Creek Park
- A. Litteri - best authentic Italian sandwich spot
- Jazz & Blues at Westminster Church on Fridays feat. local DC jazz legends (intimate feel, so get there on time for a seat, or you'll find yourself standing in the back, optional dinner served downstairs in the church's kitchen)
Brentwood/ Rhode Island Ave, NE
- Comet Ping Pong - Pizza & ping pong tables